1. Preheat oven to 425.
2. Wrap each potato in aluminum foil and pierce several times with a fork.
3. Place the potatoes directly on the oven rack and bake until tender, about 1 hour.
4. Remove the foil and let the potatoes cool to room temperature.
5. Place the potatoes on a plate, wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
The next day, preheat the oven to 350.
1. Using the large holes of a box grater, grate the potatoes, including the skins.
2. Transfer to a bowl and sprinkle with the shallots, 1 3/4 cups of the cheese, the salt and white pepper on top.
3. Using your hands, gently toss the mixture together to combine, then fold in the sour cream in 2 additions.
4. Transfer the potato mixture to a 1 1/2 quart grtin dish. DO NOT COMPRESS.
5. Sprinkle the remaining 3/4 cup cheese on top.
6. Bake until the potatoes are hot and the cheese is golden brown. (about 30 minutes.)
EBAKE POTATOES THE DAY BEFORE.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (304g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 212 (48%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 23.6g||31 %|
|Saturated Fat 14.9g||74 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 6.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.8g|
|Cholesterol 74.6mg||23 %|
|Sodium 773.9mg||27 %|
|Potassium 945.9mg||25 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 39.3g||12 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.4g||10 %|
|Sugars, other 36.9g|
|Protein 19.4g||28 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 440
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!