1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Cut peppers in half lengthwise.
3. Remove white pithy ribs.
4. Place peppers in shallow 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
5. Drizzle peppers with 1 tablespoon of oil.
6. Cover with foil & bake 15 to 20 minutes, until they start to soften.
7. Heat remaining tablespoon of oil in lg skillet over medium heat.
8. Saute onion, garlic, salt, black pepper, chili powder, & cumin.
9. Cook until vegetables are softened, about 3 minutes.
10. Add sausage to the skillet.
11. Cook until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
12. Add salsa & spinach.
13. Cook, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
14. Remove skillet from heat & stir in cooked brown rice and quinoa.
15. Fill pepper halves with turkey mixture.
16. Cover dish with foil & bake 20 to 25 minutes.
17. Remove foil & sprinkle cheese over the top.
18. Return to oven & bake, uncovered, until cheese melts, about 7-10 minutes.
19. Top peppers with a heaping tablespoon of yogurt.
20. Place slices of avocado on top of each pepper.
21. Sprinkle with basil.
22. Serve immediately.
(Makes 8, 2 half, servings.)
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (246g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 176 (39%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 19.6g||26 %|
|Saturated Fat 5.3g||27 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 8.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 4.3g|
|Cholesterol 56.8mg||17 %|
|Sodium 613.9mg||21 %|
|Potassium 838.4mg||22 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 48.2g||14 %|
|Dietary Fiber 6.4g||26 %|
|Sugars, other 41.8g|
|Protein 22.6g||32 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 452
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.