Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
1. COMBINE all cheese stuffing ingredients in a mixing bowl.
2. BUTTERFLY thickest section of chicken breasts to create 2 lobes. Pound each breast between 2 sheets of plastic wrap until ¼” - ½” thick.
3. PLACE flattened chicken breasts on a plate and place desired amount of stuffing on one lobe of each chicken breast. Gently press stuffing down so it resembles a hockey puck.
4. FOLD over other lobe of chicken breast; does not have to seal.
5. HEAT large sauté pan over medium heat.
6. ADD olive oil and heat until shimmering.
7. PLACE flour in a shallow pan and season to taste with salt and pepper.
8. DREDGE stuffed chicken breasts in flour, shaking off excess.
9. SAUTE chicken breasts with preheated oil, cooking until each side is golden brown.
10. REMOVE chicken from pan and place in a baking dish.
11. BAKE for 10-20 minutes, or until juices run clean and center of chicken reaches 165°F.
12. ADD onions to sauté pan, and stir to loosen chicken drippings. After 2 minutes, add mushrooms and sauté until onions are translucent.
13. DEGLAZE pan with Marsala wine – make sure to incorporate drippings from bottom of pan.
14. HEAT wine to a simmer and add heavy cream. Simmer on low heat until reduced by half.
15. PLACE cooked chicken breasts on a plate and top each with onions, mushrooms and sauce.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (826g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 578 (41%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 64.2g||86 %|
|Saturated Fat 28.5g||143 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 23.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 7.3g|
|Cholesterol 260mg||80 %|
|Sodium 2043.1mg||70 %|
|Potassium 1914.5mg||50 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 88.7g||26 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5.6g||22 %|
|Sugars, other 83.1g|
|Protein 85.6g||122 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1417
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.