GMA Recipe: A savory feast for the Spring holiday season: Emeril's stuffed leg of lamb with spring vegetables.
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees farenheit.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the leeks, season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring for one minute. Add the spinach, garlic, and olives, season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring until the spinach wilts, about 2 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and pour into a large mixing bowl. Stir in the cheese and season with salt and pepper.
4. Place the lamb on a clean work surface. With a meat mallet, pound the lamb to about 1 inch thick. Rub with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Spread the spinach filling over the meat. Fold the bottom end of the meat inward, then fold both ends into the center. Tie crosswise with butcher's twine, at 3 inch intervals.
5. In a small food processor, add the butter, remaining tablespoon of garlic, and rosemary. Season with salt and pepper. Mix until smooth.
6. Spread the entire leg of lamb with the butter mixture. Cover the lamb with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 12 hours. Remove and place in a large shallow roasting pan and cook until an instant read thermometer reads 130 -140 degrees farenheit for rare to medium-rare, about 1 1/2 hours; 145 -150 degrees farenheit for medium, about 2 hours; and 160 degrees farenheit for well done, about 2 1/2 hours. Remove from oven and rest 10 minutes before carving.
7. In a large saute pan, melt the butter. Add the vegetables. Season with salt and pepper. Saute for about 4 to 6 minutes. Remove from heat and serve with the lamb.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (521g)|
|Recipe Makes: 11|
|Calories from Fat: 866 (75%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 96.2g||128 %|
|Saturated Fat 49.7g||249 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 33.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 5.9g|
|Cholesterol 320.9mg||99 %|
|Sodium 677.1mg||23 %|
|Potassium 1174.3mg||31 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 11.6g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.9g||11 %|
|Sugars, other 8.7g|
|Protein 61.8g||88 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1160
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.