1. Slice off stem end of peppers; remove and discard seeds and membranes. Blanch peppers 5 to 10 minutes in boiling water. Drain
2. Cook ground beef and onion in a non-stick skillet over medium heat until meat is browned, stirring until mean crumbles. Drain and pat dry with paper towels.
3. Return meat mixture to skillet. Add tomatoes, cook until liquid evaporates.
4. Remove from heat; stir in rice and next 4 ingredients.
5. Spoon 1/2 cup portions of rice mixture into peppers; sprinkle evenly with breadcrumbs. Place peppers in baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
6. Heat tomato sauce; spoon 1/4 cup sauce over each pepper.
7. Alternatively, you can pour sauce over the peppers prior to putting them in the oven.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (354g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 66 (23%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 7.3g||10 %|
|Saturated Fat 2.6g||13 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.7g|
|Cholesterol 36.9mg||11 %|
|Sodium 520.9mg||18 %|
|Potassium 826.7mg||22 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 39.7g||12 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5.1g||20 %|
|Sugars, other 34.7g|
|Protein 16.6g||24 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 285
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!