1. Bring a large pot of water to boil.
2. Cook the peppers in boiling water until softened, 4 to 5 minutes.
3. Remove peppers from boiling water and rinse with cold water; set peppers aside to drain.
4. Mix together ground beef, cooked white rice, lightly beaten egg, finely chopped onion, Italian-style bread crumbs, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese in a large bowl until evenly mixed.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C)
6. Divide beef and rice mixture amount peppers; stuff each pepper with beef and rice mixture.
7. Place peppers open side up in a 9 x 13-inch baking dish or shallow roasting pan.
8. Combine tomato sauce and white vinegar in bowl.
9. Pour tomato mixture over stuffed peppers.
10. Top with 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese.
11. Bake in the preheated oven until heated through, basting the peppers two or three times while baking, about 80 minutes.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (499g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 178 (28%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 19.7g||26 %|
|Saturated Fat 8.1g||40 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 8.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.1g|
|Cholesterol 114.7mg||35 %|
|Sodium 802.7mg||28 %|
|Potassium 1169.7mg||31 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 66g||19 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5.8g||23 %|
|Sugars, other 60.2g|
|Protein 43.7g||62 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 630
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.