Some things are just holiday staples: turkey, stuffing, and cranberry sauce. That's what makes these stuffed meatballs so perfect! They give you that family-dinner flavor in a bite-sized ball with a zingy sauce perfect for your next holiday party!
1. Make the stuffing: Shake the stuffing mix to distribute seasonings. Scoop out 1/2 a cup and set aside for the meatballs.
2. In a pot over medium-low heat, add chicken broth, milk, and 2 tbsp butter until warm – do not let come to a boil. Mix in larger amount of stuffing mix, 1 tbsp sage, 1 tsp parsley, and 1 tsp pepper. Stir until combined, remove from heat, and rest 5 minutes until slightly cooled.
3. Using your hands, scoop a scant tablespoon of stuffing out and roll into a ball. Repeat until no stuffing remains, and you should have about 20-24 stuffing balls. Place on a cookie sheet and freeze for 20-30 minutes while you prepare the meat mixture.
4. For the meatballs: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a skillet over medium heat, add 2 tbsp butter. Once melted, add onion and celery. Cook 4-5 minutes until translucent, then add garlic and rosemary, and cook an additional 1-2 minutes.
5. Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Add reserved 1/2 cup stuffing mix, 2 tbsp sage, 1 tbsp pepper, 1 tsp parsley, and 1 tsp salt. Stir to combine.
6. Add beaten eggs and ground turkey, then mix well with your hands.
7. Remove stuffing balls from freezer, then using your hands cover stuffing balls in approximately 1 1/2 Tbsp of the meat mixture. Try to completely enclose the stuffing so no gaps or openings remain. Gently roll between your hands to smooth out then add to a lined baking sheet.
8. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until meatballs begin to brown.
9. For the sauce: While meatballs bake, add all sauce ingredients to a pot and heat over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove the thyme sprigs, then either pour into a serving bowl, or for a smoother sauce, add to a blender or use and immersion blender to macerate sauce, then strain into a bowl for serving.
10. Remove meatballs from the oven. Over medium heat, add 2 tbsp butter to a pan, and once melted, add meatballs and saute for 1-2 minutes on each side until browned all over.
11. Serve immediately with sauce and enjoy!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (115g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 67 (39%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 7.4g||10 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.6g||18 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.9g|
|Cholesterol 105.7mg||33 %|
|Sodium 403.4mg||14 %|
|Potassium 263.5mg||7 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 13.5g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.2g||5 %|
|Sugars, other 12.3g|
|Protein 13.1g||19 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 174
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!