1. Follow step-by-step method to bone turkey breast. Use fresh, thawed or partially thawed turkey breast and a sharp boning knife. Cut membrane between skin and turkey. Pull off skin. Starting at neck cavity, cut along top edge of breast bone. Cover and refrigerate until ready to stuff.
2. Prepare recipes for Pesto Sauce and Smoked Sausage Stuffing
Remove turkey from refrigerator and spread back of breast to open breast flat. Spoon stuffing over each breast half and down center. Bring breast sides together to encase stuffing; fasten with skewers.
1. In a small bowl, combine marmalade, margarine and ginger. Use as a bsting sauce. Reserve for basting during last 30 minutes of roasting time.
1. In an 11x9x1 inch roasting pan, place breast, skewered side down, on a rack. Roast in a preheated 325 degree F oven for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until breast reaches 170 degrees F. Brush with glaze 2 to 3 times during last 30 minutes of roasting time.
1. To serve, slice turkey breast across roll and offer additional pesto sauce with each serving.
Republished with permission, National Turkey Federation
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (128g)|
|Recipe Makes: 16|
|Calories from Fat: 29 (21%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 3.3g||4 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.6g||3 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.8g|
|Cholesterol 48.2mg||15 %|
|Sodium 1155.5mg||40 %|
|Potassium 340.8mg||9 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 7.1g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 6.5g|
|Protein 19.1g||27 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 138
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.