Pre-Heat Oven to 425
cook time 15 min
1. Cut all the vegetables in to small dice the key here is to have all the vegetables the same size and shape. this will ensure they all cook evenly.
2. In a bowl mix the vegetables, mozzarella, Italian seasonings, flour, salt, and pepper. Taste and and just seasoning.
3. Cut the Puff pastry into 3-4 " Square or circle. Gently role out the dough just to make it 1" bigger than what you got. Be sure to have the dough even in thickness and not so thin you can see through it.
4. Make balls out of the veggie mixture squeezing the mixture tight careful to not mash the veggies. The balls should be firm and hold together with out crumbling apart.
5. Wrap the veggie balls in the puff pastry sealing the dough with a little egg wash. This will help the dough to hold together. and not leek cheese out as it cooks.
6. Place the balls with the folds of the dough on the bottom so the smooth side of the balls up. on a greased cookie sheet. THis pan needs to have low sides to allow the heat of the oven to cook the dough.
7. Lightly brush the top and sides of the dough balls with the egg wash. This will add a nice golden crisp color and texture to the balls.
8. Place the balls in the middle of the pre-heated oven, and cook until the balls are golden brown. Depending on your oven, altitude, and the humidity outside, this process should take 15 min. I recommend to check them after 10 min and turn the pan if they are not cooking evenly.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (130g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4|
|Calories from Fat: 104 (48%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 11.6g||15 %|
|Saturated Fat 6.5g||33 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.7g|
|Cholesterol 129.3mg||40 %|
|Sodium 385.7mg||13 %|
|Potassium 216.2mg||6 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 10.2g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.1g||4 %|
|Sugars, other 9.1g|
|Protein 18.1g||26 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 215
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.