1. Preheat oven to 325ºF. Butter a 13x9x2" baking dish.
2. Arrange bread cubes in a single layer on 2 rimmed baking sheets. Toast, stirring occasionally, until dry and crisp, 25–30 minutes. Let cool, then transfer to a very large bowl.
3. Meanwhile, bring cider to a boil in a large wide pot and cook until reduced to 1 1/2 cups, about 40 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
4. Bring raisins, vinegar, and 2 Tbsp. water just to a simmer in a small skillet over medium heat to warm through. Transfer to a small bowl; let cool, then drain.
5. Cook bacon in a 12" skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until brown and crisp. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to paper towels to drain (do not wipe out skillet).
6. Heat 1/4 cup butter in same skillet over medium-high until melted. Add chopped celery stalks, apples, shallots, garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 10–12 minutes.
7. Add celery mixture, celery leaves, raisins, bacon, and parsley to bread cubes and toss to combine. Mix in reserved cider and 1 1/4 cups broth.
8. Beat eggs in a small bowl, then stir into stuffing; add more broth if stuffing is dry. Transfer to prepared baking dish. Bake stuffing until cooked through and golden brown on top, about 1 hour.
2. Do Ahead
1. Stuffing mixture can be prepared up until step before adding the eggs 1 day ahead; cover and chill.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (5g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 34 (100%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 3.8g||5 %|
|Saturated Fat 2.4g||12 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.1g|
|Cholesterol 10.2mg||3 %|
|Sodium 0.5mg||0 %|
|Potassium 1.1mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 0g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 0g|
|Protein 0g||0 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 34
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!