1. In a large, deep stainless steel saucepan, combine apples, lemon and enough water to prevent sticking. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat, partially cover and boil gently, stirring occasionally, for 20 min., until mixture is very soft. Working in batches, transfer mixture to a fine sieve. With back of spoon, press mixture through sieve to yield 2 cups of applesauce. Discard skins and cores.
2. Prepare canner, jars and lids.
3. In a clean large, deep stainless steel saucepan, combine applesauce, peaches, sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly to dissolve sugar. Boil, stirring frequently, until mixture thickens and mounds on a spoon, about 20 min. Remove from heat and skim off foam.
4. Ladle hot jam into hot jars, leaving 2/4 inch headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot jam. Wipe rim. Center lid on jar. Screw band down until resistance is med, then increase to fingertip-tight.
5. Place jar in canner, ensuring they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil and process for 10 min. Remove canner lid. Wait 5 min., then remove jars, cool and store.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (109g)|
|Recipe Makes: 32 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 2 (6%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.2g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.1g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 9593.1mg||331 %|
|Potassium 131.5mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 9.1g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.6g||6 %|
|Sugars, other 7.5g|
|Protein 0.6g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 35
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!