1. Heat a pan and cook: 50g sun-dried tomatoes with some oil, 115g of sliced mushrooms and 1-2 cloves of garlic - cook for about 3 minutes on medium heat.
2. Add 2 cups of broth to the skillet - continue to cook on medium heat until the mushrooms and sun-dried tomatoes absorb some of the broth and the broth reduces somewhat.
3. Add 1/2 cup of cream and bring to boil just for a short moment.
4. Add 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese and cook the sauce, stirring, for a couple of minutes, on low-medium heat until the cheese melts.
5. Add 1 tbsp of basil.
If your sauce is too thick at this point - add more cream/water.
If your sauce looks thin to you - do not continue simmering the sauce to thicken it as you will be adding pasta shortly (in the next step) - and pasta will absorb some of the sauce liquid. Even if the sauce looks thin now, it will not be so thin once you add pasta.
6. Cook fettuccine al dente according to the package instruction. Drain and rinse in cold water (this will stop the cooking).
7. Add the pasta into the sauce and continue cooking the sauce with the pasta in it, on medium heat, for a 2 minutes (or more - to achieve the desired thickness) stirring constantly to coat well.
Note: do not add salt to the creamy sauce because it should already be salty enough from the stock. Only in the very end when the sauce is done, you may add some salt if needed
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (628g)|
|Recipe Makes: 2 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 188 (48%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 20.9g||28 %|
|Saturated Fat 9.7g||48 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 7.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2g|
|Cholesterol 56.8mg||17 %|
|Sodium 1284.9mg||44 %|
|Potassium 1622.7mg||43 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 35.1g||10 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.7g||15 %|
|Sugars, other 31.4g|
|Protein 20.2g||29 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 395
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.