1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Brown ground beef, onions and bell peppers in a skillet over med-high heat. Add homemade taco seasoning and salt & pepper to your personal taste. (Now the homemade taco seasoning recipe is below. It's less "strong" than the store bought ones).
3. To make the enchilada sauce: In a small skillet, add one can of tomato sauce, season with adobo seasoning and homemade taco seasoning to your personal taste.
4. Take a square baking dish and spray with cooking oil.
5. Drain the cooked ground beef of all the excess oil (we try to eat somewhat healthy).
6. Take a tortilla fill with ground beef, roll and place in the square pan. Repeat until all 10 tortillas are filled and in the baking dish. Don't worry if you have some gound beef left over!
7. Cover the freshly rolled enchiladas with the enchilada sauce you just made. Then sprinkle any left over ground beef over the top of the sauce. Then cover with the shredded cheese.
8. Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes until heated through and all of the cheese is gooey and melted. *This is just enough time to clean the dishes you just used or make a quick salad to go with your enchiladas.
I find that taco seasoning packets from the store a a bit too strong. The homemade taco seasoning packs just enough flavor to give your Tex-Mex dishes what they are looking for!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (336g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 229 (40%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 25.5g||34 %|
|Saturated Fat 11.4g||57 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.5g|
|Cholesterol 104.5mg||32 %|
|Sodium 1431.3mg||49 %|
|Potassium 865.2mg||23 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 45.9g||14 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.4g||18 %|
|Sugars, other 41.5g|
|Protein 37.8g||54 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 579
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.