They're called "superfoods" because they contain antioxidants, help stabilize blood sugar, or reduce inflammation. Here are six of my favorite "superdressings," starting with Faux Ranch.
Whisk all ingredients together. Cover tightly and refrigerate until ready to serve. Just before serving, whisk again.
Other Superfood Salad Dressings:
1. Balsamic Vinaigrette: 6 T olive oil, 2 T balsamic vinegar, 2 tsp Dijon mustard, and salt and pepper to taste.
2. Cider Vinaigrette: 3 T olive oil, 3 T cider vinegar, 2 T Dijon mustard, 1/4 tsp thyme, and salt and pepper to taste.
3. Cinnamon Vinaigrette: 1/3 c. olive oil, 2 T cider vinegar, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ground cumin, and salt and pepper to taste (especially tasty on chilled quinoa with diced raw vegetables).
4. Tangy Olive Oil: 3 T olive oil, 1/4 c. lemon juice, 2 T water, 1/4 to 1/2 tsp garlic powder, and salt and pepper to taste.
5. Mexican Dressing: 1/3 c olive oil, 3 T lime juice, 4 T honey, 1 tsp balsamic vinegar, 3 T dried cilantro, 1/4 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 tsp ground ginger, and salt to taste. Optional: 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 or more (6g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 5 (38%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.5g||1 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.1g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.1g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 0.2mg||0 %|
|Potassium 1.4mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 2.2g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 2.2g|
|Protein 0g||0 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 13
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.