1. For the custard filling, put the egg yolk, sugar, cornflour and milk into a pan. bring to the boil, stirring, over a low heat. Stir until thickened and remove from the heat.
2. Stir on the vanilla essence and coverthe surface with damp greaseproof paper. Leave to cool completely.
3. Preheat oven to 200/400F/gas 6. Grease 2 baking sheets. In a saucepan, heat the butter, sugar, salt and 225ml (8 fl oz) water the butter melts and the mixture boils.
4. Reduce the heat. Add the flour all at once, stirring vigorously. Cook, stirring until the dough forms a ball and pulls away from thr side of the pan. Remove from the heat and cool for 5 minutes.
5. Add the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition, until the doughis smooth. Using a tablespoon, drop spponfuls of the dough onto the prepared baking sheets. Do not smooth out the dough.
6. Bake for 10 minutes, then reduce temperature to 180C/350F/gas 4. Bake for a further25-30 minutes, or untl golden.
7. Cool on a wire rack. Cut the buns in half and remove any unccoked dough. Fill the bottom halves with custard. Replace the tops and dust with caster sugar. Serve immediately.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (95g)|
|Recipe Makes: 15 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 117 (55%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 13g||17 %|
|Saturated Fat 5.9g||30 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.2g|
|Cholesterol 311.6mg||96 %|
|Sodium 145.8mg||5 %|
|Potassium 115.4mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 13.1g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 12.6g|
|Protein 10.3g||15 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 211
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.