1. Poach the smoked haddock in just enough water to cover with the bay leaves, and thinly sliced onions until tender - about 4 - 5 minutes. Set aside to infuse.
2. Gently melt the butter in a saucepan, then, remove from the heat and add the flour - blending it in to make a smooth roux, by squeezing out any lumps.
3. Strain the fish - keeping the liquid
4. Remove the bay leaves.
5. Slowly add the reserved stock to the roux (make up with a little water, if you don''''t have enough) - very little to start off with, making sure there are no lumps and stirring all the time. When completely blended, simmer for 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
6. Add the cheddar cheese, wine and black pepper. Cook until you have a smooth cheese sauce - whisking to remove any lumps if necessary.
7. If adding diced potato then cook in seperate pan for a few minutes and add to fish
8. Flake the haddock and share between ramekins/plates.
9. Cover with the sauce, then sprinkle with the grated parmesan.
10. Flash under grill if serving immediately, or bake for 6 - 8 minutes in a hot oven if reheating from cold.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (3636g)|
|Recipe Makes: 2 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 24703 (100%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 2766.6g||3689 %|
|Saturated Fat 1751.4g||8757 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 717.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 104.1g|
|Cholesterol 7433.8mg||2287 %|
|Sodium 20975.6mg||723 %|
|Potassium 1467.6mg||39 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 7.8g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||3 %|
|Sugars, other 7.1g|
|Protein 76g||109 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 24703
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!