1. Heat oil in pan.
2. Add onions and bay leaves, cook about 5-6 minutes over medium high heat, until browned.
3. Add the lemon rind, sugar and honey to the pan with the onions and bay leaves.
4. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring, until onions are lightly caramelized.
5. Add the red wine vinegar to the pan, cook for about 5 minutes, stirring until the onions are tender.
6. The liquid should almost all be gone.
7. Serve immediately.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (114g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4|
|Calories from Fat: 63 (50%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 7g||9 %|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.8g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 5.9mg||0 %|
|Potassium 150.2mg||4 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 16.3g||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.5g||10 %|
|Sugars, other 13.7g|
|Protein 1.1g||2 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 126
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.