1. Defrost Cornish hens; remove anything placed in cavities. Rinse Cornish hens, pat dry with a paper towel and place on the roasting pan adding a little water on the bottom below the rack.
2. Pour half a cup of olive oil over both birds; generously sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Mix the glaze: 1 cup of mustard, 2 tbsp of honey, 2 cloves of garlic chopped or pressed, a half cup of white wine, 1 tsp each of rosemary and dill.
4. Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
5. Generously brush the glaze over each bird, applying it on all sides.
6. Place the hens in the oven, breast side up. Set the timer for 1 hour 20 minutes (80 min). The bird should be in the oven untouched for the first 50 minutes until the next step.
7. Mix the remaining half cup of white wine with a half cup of olive oil and 1 tsp of paprika.
8. Once your Cornish hens have been in the oven for 50 minutes, turn them over on the other side and brush with the wine/oil/paprika mixture. Place the birds back in the oven for the remaining 30 minutes.
9. Let the hens stand for 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with peas or roasted veggies.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (511g)|
|Recipe Makes: 2|
|Calories from Fat: 676 (63%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 75.1g||100 %|
|Saturated Fat 16.9g||85 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 40.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 12.5g|
|Cholesterol 339.4mg||104 %|
|Sodium 3702.7mg||128 %|
|Potassium 1023.5mg||27 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 16.9g||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.2g||9 %|
|Sugars, other 14.6g|
|Protein 59g||84 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1066
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.