1. Place shrimp in a medium bowl. Sprinkle with turmeric; toss well to coat and set aside
2. Combine sauce ingredients and stir, set aside
3. Heat cooking oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat
4. Toss in shrimp, fry until pink and slightly golden, add salt
5. Remove shrimp to a separate plate
6. Reduce heat to medium high, using same skillet
7. Add mushroom and garlic, stir and cook 1-2 minutes
8. Add pineapple, scallions, ginger, bell pepper and chile, stir and cook 2 minutes
9. Pour sauce into skillet, stir until bubbly
10. Return shrimp into skillet, mix well and add cilantro and basil (set aside some cilantro for garnish)
11. Serve over a bed of rice (I use kamut and rye mix) and garnish with cilantro
Turmeric is optional, but it reduces fishy smell, brings out flavor and is good for you!
Adjust chiles based on the level of spicy you can tolerate.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (974g)|
|Recipe Makes: 2 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 197 (27%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 21.9g||29 %|
|Saturated Fat 2.6g||13 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 9.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 6.8g|
|Cholesterol 344.7mg||106 %|
|Sodium 813.7mg||28 %|
|Potassium 2628.2mg||69 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 84.7g||25 %|
|Dietary Fiber 28.6g||114 %|
|Sugars, other 56.1g|
|Protein 63.7g||91 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 717
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!