1. To make the rice, place 2 cups dry glutinous rice (aka short-grain sweet or sticky rice) in a large bowl. Fill the bowl with water and swirl around the rice. Drain the water and replace with fresh cold water. Repeat until the water runs clear. Bring 4 cups of water to boil in a large saucepan, and add the rice. Stir once. Boil uncovered for 2 minutes, then cover, remove from heat and allow to stand for 2 minutes. Drain the water, return the pan to low heat, recover, and cook the rice for 25 minutes.
2. In another saucepan, combine the condensed milk, coconut milk, and 1/2 cup of coconut. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the glutinous rice and stir to combine. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. Toast the remaining coconut carefully in a toaster over, taking care not to let it burn!
4. Slice the pineapple as desired and sprinkle with brown sugar. Grill on a pre-oiled grill over low heat to allow the sugars to caramelize, but not burn.
5. Serve the rice with the pineapple and sprinkle with toasted coconut. Enjoy!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (225g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 77 (23%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 8.6g||11 %|
|Saturated Fat 6.6g||33 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.3g|
|Cholesterol 17.3mg||5 %|
|Sodium 109.2mg||4 %|
|Potassium 417mg||11 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 63.9g||19 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.5g||14 %|
|Sugars, other 60.4g|
|Protein 5.3g||8 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 339
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.