For the plantains:
1. In a pan, melt the butter and fry the plantains. Add the sugar, cinnamon and cloves. Reduce the heat to low and cook covered for 8 minutes. Set aside.
For the arepas:
1. In a bowl, gradually combine the water, salt and P.A.N. Pre-cooked White Cornmeal. Blend for 2 minutes until a smooth dough is formed. Let sit for 5 minutes.
2. Divide the dough into 8-10 equal-sized portions. Next, shape the dough into balls and flatten into 4- to 5-inch thick disks with the palm of your hand.
3. Set a griddle to medium heat and pan-fry the arepas for 5 minutes per side. While still hot, use a knife to slice one side of the arepas open and fill to your liking.
For the filling:
1. Slice the arepas open to form a pocket and stuff with the sweet plantains and pieces of blue cheese. Serve immediately.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (237g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 96 (32%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 10.6g||14 %|
|Saturated Fat 6.8g||34 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.4g|
|Cholesterol 27mg||8 %|
|Sodium 354.2mg||12 %|
|Potassium 540.8mg||14 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 48.1g||14 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.2g||9 %|
|Sugars, other 45.8g|
|Protein 6.2g||9 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 296
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!