- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease 9x12 baking dish.
- Place chopped sweet potatoes in large saucepan and add enough water to cover. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium-high and simmer for 5-7 minutes until fork tender. Drain and set aside.
- In the same saucepan, heat a tablespoon of EVOO over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for 5 minutes until translucent...add garlic and cook for another minute. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the bell pepper, cooked sweet potatoes, black beans and spinach. Raise the heat to medium-high and cook a few minutes more until the spinach is wilted.
- Remove skillet from the heat and stir in 1/4 cup enchilada sauce, 1 tablespoon lime juice, chili powder, cumin and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Spread 1 cup enchilada sauce evenly over the bottom of the baking dish. Scoop 3/4 cup of the sweet potato filing onto each tortilla and place them seam side down in the dish. Spread the remaining enchilada sauce over the tortillas. If you have leftover filling, spoon it on top of the tortillas as well.
- Bake enchiladas, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes until heated through.
- Meanwhile, make the avocado sauce. In a small food processor, process the cilantro until minced. Add the avocado, 2 tablespoons lime juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, garlic powder, and 3 tablespoons water and process until creamy, stopping to scrape down the bowl as needed.
- Serve enchiladas topped with avocado sauce.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (550g)|
|Recipe Makes: 5 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 249 (24%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 27.7g||37 %|
|Saturated Fat 6.2g||31 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 14.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 5.2g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 2849.3mg||98 %|
|Potassium 910.5mg||24 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 172.2g||51 %|
|Dietary Fiber 16g||64 %|
|Sugars, other 156.2g|
|Protein 27.5g||39 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1048
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!