1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and place the rack in the middle position.
2. Rinse and pierce each sweet potato a few times with a fork, rub it with about 1 TBSP of butter, and wrap in foil. Roast until tender, about an hour. Reduce the oven temperature to 335 degrees. Grease two 9 inch round pans and line with parchment.
3. When the sweet potatoes are cool, scoop the flesh out and puree it in a food processor fitted with the steel blades.
4. Combine the potato puree (it should be about 2 cups), buttermilk, and vanilla in a bowl; combine the dry ingredients except the pecans in annother bowl. Set aside.
5. Cream the remaining 8 ounces of butter and the sugars in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle blade on low speed for 3-4 minutes.
6. Add the eggs followed by the yolks, one at a time. Let each incorporate before adding the next.
7. Alternately add the dry ingredients and the sweet potato mixture about a third at a time without pausing between additions.
8. Stop the mixer and fold in the pecans.
9. Divide the batter between the prepared pans and bake for about 30 minutes, or until done.
10. Cool and invert.
11. While the cakes are cooling, whip the cream cheese in the bowl of a stand mixer. Add the butter and brown sugar and mix until smooth. Add the powdered sugar and beat at high speed for 3 minutes. Allow the cakes to cool completely before using the frosting to assemble a layer cake.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (132g)|
|Recipe Makes: 24 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 252 (69%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 27.9g||37 %|
|Saturated Fat 13.5g||67 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 9.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.9g|
|Cholesterol 257.4mg||79 %|
|Sodium 197.3mg||7 %|
|Potassium 125.8mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 24.5g||7 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.1g||4 %|
|Sugars, other 23.4g|
|Protein 5.7g||8 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 363
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!