1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Place oven rack in middle position. Lightly grease a 1 1/2 quart baking dish, and set aside.
2. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Pierce each sweet potato several times with a fork, and place on the prepared baking sheet.
3. Roast the sweet potatoes in preheated oven until easily pierced with a fork, 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
4. Remove sweet potatoes from the oven, and cool about 15 minutes. Lower oven temperature to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
5. When sweet potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut in half, and scoop flesh into the bowl of a food processor. Discard potato skins. Add the orange zest, ginger; and egg yolks; process to make a smooth mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour in the orange juice and milk; if desired, add more orange juice to taste. Spoon sweet potato mixture into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle top with pecans.
6. Bake in preheated oven until heated through and pecans are toasted, about 30 minutes.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (171g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6|
|Calories from Fat: 148 (54%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 16.5g||22 %|
|Saturated Fat 4.7g||24 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 7.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.2g|
|Cholesterol 559.4mg||172 %|
|Sodium 96.6mg||3 %|
|Potassium 418.7mg||11 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 22.8g||7 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.4g||14 %|
|Sugars, other 19.4g|
|Protein 9.3g||13 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 272
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.