This sweet potato gnocchi dish is simple yet elegant. Browned butter and sage elevate this made-from-scratch gnocchi, bringing out the subtle sweet potato flavor while adding simple depth and flavor.
1. Keeping the skin on, boil 3 medium sweet potatoes until tender or pierce with a fork and microwave for 7-10 minutes until tender.
2. Cut sweet potatoes in half and scoop out flesh into a bowl and mash while still hot.
3. Once sweet potatoes cool, combine with egg, flour, and salt until dough forms into a ball. Add extra flour if the dough is too sticky.
4. Add flour to your workspace and roll dough into 4 long pieces, and then cut into 1-inch pieces. Gnocchi should resemble mini pillows!
5. Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Working in two batches, toss the gnocchi in and boil until they float to the top - one to two minutes. Remove gnocchi from boiling water with a slotted spoon.
6. In a skillet over medium, pan fry sage leaves in butter until butter browns, being careful not to burn butter. Toss in gnocchi and pan fry for 2 minutes, making sure to toss halfway through.
7. Serve gnocchi and top with freshly cracked black pepper and shaved parmesan. Bon appetit!
Wait for potato to cool before adding flour
Pillows or ridges with fork or gnocchi board
Boil in two batches
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (125g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 80 (45%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 8.9g||12 %|
|Saturated Fat 5.6g||28 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.4g|
|Cholesterol 22.9mg||7 %|
|Sodium 123.8mg||4 %|
|Potassium 397.1mg||10 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 23.6g||7 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.9g||15 %|
|Sugars, other 19.7g|
|Protein 2g||3 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 178
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.