1. Preheat the oven to 400, and place a rack in the center of the oven.
2. Place the sweet potatoes on the baking sheet and pierce each one several times with a knife tip or fork. Roast for 1 - 1 1/2 hours, or until they can be easily pierced in the center with a fork. Set aside to cool.
3. In the stockpot, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic, carrot, celery, and fennel; reduce the heat to medium-low; and sweat the vegetables, stirring often with a wooden spoon, for 6 - 8 minutes, or until they soften and the onion is translucent.
4. Peel the cooled sweet potatoes, cut them into large chunks, and add them to the vegetables in the stockpot. Add the stock, raise the heat to medium-high, and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer gently for 20 - 25 minutes to blend the flavors.
5. Turn off the heat and add the coconut milk, curry paste, salt, and pepper. Working in batches, blend the soup in the blender until very smooth. Return the soup to the pot and bring back to a simmer. Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.
6. LAdle the soup into bowls and garnish each with cilantro and a squeeze of lime before serving. The soup can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (179g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 160 (66%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 17.8g||24 %|
|Saturated Fat 12.5g||63 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.3g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 67.3mg||2 %|
|Potassium 519.7mg||14 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 20.8g||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.4g||13 %|
|Sugars, other 17.5g|
|Protein 3g||4 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 242
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!