1. Season fillets with salt and pepper, set aside.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute 4 to 5 min. or until tender and slightly golden; add bell pepper, cook 2 more minutes.
3. Stir in 2 tablespoons jalapeno jelly and 1 tablespoon vinegar until blended.
4. Remove skillet from heat; stir in spinach and season to taste with salt and pepper. Place mixture on a plate and cover to keep warm.
5. Return skillet to medium-high heat; add butter to melt. Cook fillets 2 minutes per side (for thicker pieces reduce heat to medium and cook 1 to 3 minutes longer).
6. Remove fillets and arrange over spinach mixture. Drain juices from skillet. Return skillet to heat; add remaining jelly and vinegar; stir and heat briefly' drizzle over fish and serve.
This is a delicious recipe that is even a favorite with a 10-yr old boy!! Beautiful presentation for guests!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (195g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 75 (39%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 8.3g||11 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.2g||16 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1g|
|Cholesterol 64.3mg||20 %|
|Sodium 3571.8mg||123 %|
|Potassium 455.9mg||12 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 5.7g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.1g||4 %|
|Sugars, other 4.6g|
|Protein 23.4g||33 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 191
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.