1. Remove the husks from the corn cobs and slice off the kernels carefully with a sharp knife.
2. Turn oven onto low and heat up non-stick frying pan on stove over a medium to med-high heat.
3. Finely chop the red onion and then combine in a food processor with half the corn, egg, coriander, flour, baking powder, salt and pepper or alternatively use an electric mixing stick like a Bamix. Add the remaining corn kernels and stir through by hand to combine.
4. Put a small amount of the oil in the pre-heated non-stick pan. When the oil is hot (test by inserting end of handle of wooden spoon and ensuring oil bubbles) drop 1 to 3 tablespoons of mixture into the pan for each fritter. Cook fritters in batches of 4 for about 1 minute per side.
5. When fitters are cooked, drain on wire rack above baking dish or similar and keep warm in low oven while making all the batches.
6. Serve with sweet chili sauce or alternatively add to the mixture before blending.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (217g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4|
|Calories from Fat: 23 (13%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 2.5g||3 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.6g||3 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.8g|
|Cholesterol 46.5mg||14 %|
|Sodium 422.9mg||15 %|
|Potassium 435.3mg||11 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 35.2g||10 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||16 %|
|Sugars, other 31.1g|
|Protein 6.7g||10 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 174
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.