1. In large soup pot or dutch oven, combine broths, onions, potatoes, and mushrooms. Cover.
2. Bring to a boil and then simmer until the potatoes are tender.
3. In small skillet, melt butter and stir in flour to make a roux.
4. Stir constantly over medium heat until golden brown.
5. Stir into soup.
6. Stir until soup bubbles and thicken.
7. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
8. Ladle into bowl and sprinkle with cheese.
Serve with crusty bread.
Notes: Can be made with vegetable broth for a vegetarian option. Using arrowroot powder/cornstarch to thicken instead of flour can make it gluten free (just make sure you have GF broth).
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (69g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 69 (68%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 7.7g||10 %|
|Saturated Fat 4.9g||24 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.3g|
|Cholesterol 20.4mg||6 %|
|Sodium 81.4mg||3 %|
|Potassium 38.9mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 8.6g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 8.2g|
|Protein 0.4g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 102
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!