Use large Dutch-oven type pot:
1) Sautée onions in one tbsp of olive oil, low heat until translucent. Set aside.
2) Season beef with salt and pepper to taste. Lightly dredge in flour and sear in remaining oil in same pan as onions; one minute per side on med heat. Set aside meat with onions. Turn off heat.
3) Combine beef bullion with 1.25 cup water and microwave for ~2-3 min. Mix to dissolve and add tomato sauce.
4) Restore high heat to pot, de-glaze with bullion/ tomato sauce stock. Bring to boil while scraping brown bits off of pot.
5) Make a slurry of 1tbsp flour and 1/4 cup water. Ensure the flour is completely in suspension, i.e. no lumps.
6) Add slurry to boiling stock in small portions while stirring. Thicken gravy to a consistency that will lightly coat a metal spoon after submerging.
7) Combine onions, meat/ drippings and sliced carrots with gravy. Mix to coat.
8) Bake in 350 degree oven for ~45 min until steak is fork tender.
Serve with mashed potatoes, rice, any bland starch.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (408g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 163 (47%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 18.1g||24 %|
|Saturated Fat 6.3g||32 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 8.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.1g|
|Cholesterol 53.3mg||16 %|
|Sodium 1268.1mg||44 %|
|Potassium 991mg||26 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 19.7g||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.2g||17 %|
|Sugars, other 15.4g|
|Protein 26.1g||37 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 344
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!