1. Trim fat from beef. Parially freeze beef. Thinly slice across grain into bite-size strips. Set aside. Cut whole corn in half crosswise. Set aside.
2. For sauce, stir together sherry or wine, soy sauce, water hoisin sauce, cornstarch, gingerroot, sugar, red pepper black pepper, and garlic. Set aside.
3. Pour cooking oil into a wok or large skillet. (Add more oil as necessary during cooking.) Preheat over medium-high heat. Stir-fry carrots in hot oil for 2 minutes. Add baby corn and sweet pepper. Stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes more or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove from wok.
4. Add beef to the hot wok. Stir-fry fot 2 to 3 minutes or to desired doneness. Push beef from the center of the wok.
5. Stir sauce. Add sauce to the center of the wok. Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly. Stir in all cooked meat and vegetables. Cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes more or till heated trough. Serve with rice Makes 4 servings.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (369g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4|
|Calories from Fat: 136 (31%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 15.2g||20 %|
|Saturated Fat 4.8g||24 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 7.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.7g|
|Cholesterol 40.2mg||12 %|
|Sodium 1714.4mg||59 %|
|Potassium 531.6mg||14 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 50.6g||15 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.9g||15 %|
|Sugars, other 46.7g|
|Protein 24.6g||35 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 443
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.