Try this Taco Pie recipe, or contribute your own.Suggest a better description
Pie Crust Preparation:
- In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, butter and salt.
- Blend until a doughy texture takes shape.
- Transfer the dough into a 9 inch pie dish and press it out evenly into the dish so that the complete surface is covered.
Pie Filling Preparation:
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- In a large skillet over a medium-high heat, melt the cooking fat and sauté the onions in the - cooking fat until they become slightly translucent.
- Add the ground beef to the skillet and cook until the beef has cooked through.
- Mix the barbecue sauce in with the beef and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook for about 2 more minutes and then remove from the heat.
- Pour the beef into the pie crust and place in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Prior to serving, cover the surface of the pie with chopped lettuce, red bell pepper and avocado.
As found here: http://fastpaleo.com/taco-pie/
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (424g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 443 (68%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 49.2g||66 %|
|Saturated Fat 12.4g||62 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 24.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 8.4g|
|Cholesterol 120mg||37 %|
|Sodium 509.4mg||18 %|
|Potassium 930.1mg||24 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 26.6g||8 %|
|Dietary Fiber 8.9g||36 %|
|Sugars, other 17.7g|
|Protein 29g||41 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 647
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.