1. Put dry rice in a pot with 4 cups less 3 tablespoons water. Add the 3 tablespoons of liquid beef bouillon and a teaspoon of chilli powder. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to 2 (or low) and simmer for 14 - 16 minutes, until rice is cooked.
2. While the rice is simmering, season ground beef with salt and pepper, and fry in a wok or large saucepan until partway done. Add the diced onion and jalapeno and stirfry until meat is brown and veggies are soft. Lower heat to medium, add the chilli powder, cumin, basil, and diced zucchini, and cook until zucchini is just tender. Add the diced tomatoes and stir thoroughly.
3. Stir the rice into the meat and veggie mixture until well blended.
4. Remove from heat and top with grated cheese.
5. Serve with sour cream and salsa.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (180g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 192 (62%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 21.4g||28 %|
|Saturated Fat 8.9g||45 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 8.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.8g|
|Cholesterol 88.5mg||27 %|
|Sodium 251.7mg||9 %|
|Potassium 496.2mg||13 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 4.8g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.1g||4 %|
|Sugars, other 3.7g|
|Protein 23.8g||34 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 310
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!