Ever wonder how they make your chicken taco salad at your favorite Mexican restaurant? This may not be the exact same recipe… But making this may be more fun than ordering it. Juicy and flavorful chicken meat with lettuce, cheese, and any other taco ingredients of you choice will make this a great dish for home.
1) To begin the fiesta of flavors, add the first nine ingredients (chicken, water and spices) to a medium-large pot. You want to make sure your pot is small enough so that the water still covers all of your chicken, but is large enough so that you don’t have water boiling over the top.
2) Bring all of your ingredients in the pot to a boil over high heat. Boil for 10 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium-low, and place lid on top of your pan (keep it cracked open a bit) and simmer the ingredients for 30-40 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer drowning in water.
3) Next, pull out a large plate or cutting board. Pull out a chicken thigh one at a time and use two forks to shred the meat. This may be a bit time consuming, but boy is it fun. Shred all of your meat while allowing the sauce to continue to cook until it is thick. Once the sauce is thickened, throw the meat back in and stir it back up. Let it soak up all of that extra moist, juicy flavor.
4) I’m sure your stomach is growling and grumbling by now. You’re almost there! Now it depends on how you wish to serve your taco. Would you like to do it salad style? You can toss the meat into a bowl, or even a taco shell shaped bowl to make it JUST like eating at your Mexican restaurant. You can eat it in a wrap, or even a crunchy taco shell. Put as much in as you desire, and then top with lettuce, cheese, any other toppings you crave, salsa… And ta da!
5) Now.. Go enjoy your Restaurant-Thentic Chicken Taco Salad!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1530g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 424 (76%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 47.1g||63 %|
|Saturated Fat 7.3g||37 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 11.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 24.7g|
|Cholesterol 27.7mg||9 %|
|Sodium 2302.8mg||79 %|
|Potassium 1396.6mg||37 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 34.2g||10 %|
|Dietary Fiber 9.4g||38 %|
|Sugars, other 24.8g|
|Protein 7.5g||11 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 556
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!