Carnitas (Pulled Pork Tacos)
By Lauren, on January 13th, 2011
Accoutrements for the tacos:
? warmed corn tortillas
? avocado slices
? 2% plain Greek yogurt (or sour cream)
? fresh cilantro
? hot sauce (such as Tobasco Chipotle Pepper Sauce
? lime wedges
? Pico De Gallo
1. Preheat oven to 350?F.
2. Cut Pork Loin into 3-4 inch pieces. Combine salt and rest of spices in a small bowl. Spread spice mixture onto a plate. Evenly coat the pork pieces on all sides with the dry rub.
3. Heat oil in a dutch oven or heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat. Add in the seasoned pork pieces, and sear all sides until browned (about 1 minute per side). Remove pork from the dutch oven.
4. Pour in the beer (or chicken stock) and scrape the bottom of the dutch oven to deglaze and release the browned bits of pork. Add in the orange juice, and bring mixture to a boil.
5. Add in the seared pork. Cover dutch oven and place in oven for 1/2 hour.
6. Remove lid, turn pork pieces over, and return to oven-uncovered-for about 1 1/2 hours, or until the pork is fork-tender, turning the pork pieces 1-2 times during the cooking process.
7. Shred pork right into the sauce using two forks. Toss the pulled pork with the reduced sauce. There will be less sauce than there is for BBQ pulled pork so don?t expect a super saucy end result.
8. Serve with accoutrements.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (190g)|
|Recipe Makes: 10 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 27 (50%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 3g||4 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.4g||2 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.4g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 13.1mg||0 %|
|Potassium 83.8mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 4.5g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3 %|
|Sugars, other 3.6g|
|Protein 0.7g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 54
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!