1. Prepare all ingredients as outlined above.
2. Add small amount of canola oil and shallots into the pan, stir fry until shallots become golden in colour. Take shallots out from the pan and set aside for later use.
3. Add small amount of canola oil and finely chopped garlic into pan. Stir fry until the garlic turns golden in colour.
4. Add ground pork into the pan, stir fry until pork changes colour from pink to grey.
5. Add shiitake mushroom into the pan, and add the shallots back into the pan.
6. Continue to stir fry, while adding five spice powder, rice wine, rock sugar, soy sauce, soy sauce. Continue to stir fry until aroma comes out.
7. Add the mushroom water into the pan. Cook until boiled. (Could add a peeled hard boiled egg into the mix).
8. Cover and simmer for 1-1.5 hours.
9. Add salt and white pepper to taste. Topped with chopped green onion.
10. Serve on top of steamed rice, with halved marinated boiled egg.
For vegetarian, omit the eggs and use the vegetarian ground meat analogue instead.
For health, use lean ground pork, certified with no use of antibiotics or growth hormones.
If no shallots available, could use red onion as a substitute.
If no rock sugar available, could use brown sugar as a substitute.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (21g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 63 (77%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 7g||9 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.5g||3 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 0.9mg||0 %|
|Potassium 18mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 1.8g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 1.7g|
|Protein 0.3g||0 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 82
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.