1. Rinse chicken and pat dry; trim off and discard excess fat. Cut thighs in half. In a large bowl, mix chicken, 4 cups chipotle sauce, olives and corn.
2. Rinse banana leaves and pat dry. Line a 12x17 inch roasting pan with 2 or 3 banana leaves so they extend above entire pan rim by 2 to 3 inches (if leaves aren't large enough, or if they split, overlap smaller pieces). Or omit leaves and rub with tablespoon oil.
3. In another larger bowl, mix masa flour with baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add broth and mix until evenly moistened. Spread a 1/4 inch thick layer of masa dough over bottom and up sides of pan (using about 5 cups).
4. Arrange chicken mixture evenly in pan and spread level.
5. Drop remaining masa dough in small dollars evenly over chicken mixture; gently spread to cover filling, sealing masa at pan rim. Drizzle top with 3 tablespoons oil, and with your fingertips, spread to coat surface. Fold leaf edges over masa and cover top with another banana leaf. If making up a day in advance seal pan with foil and chill. Also cover and chill remaining chili sauce.
6. Bake, covered with foil , in a 350 oven for 2 hours (2 1/2 if chilled). Remove foil; leave banana leaf in place (if used) . Continue baking until masa is firm when pressed and a thermometer inserted in center of casserole registers 180 to 285, about 45 minutes longer. Let stand at least 20 minutes.
7. Hear remaining chili sauce in a microwave oven at full power until steaming, about 3 minutes or stir in a 2 to 3 quart pan over low heat until hot, about 5 minutes. Pour into serving bowl.
8. Lift banana leaf off top of casserole. Cut into portions and lift out with a wide spatula or use a large spoon to scoop to bottom of casserole. Add sour cream, salt and extra chili sauce to taste.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1419g)|
|Recipe Makes: 15 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 1666 (63%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 185.1g||247 %|
|Saturated Fat 53.1g||266 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 76.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 39.6g|
|Cholesterol 921.8mg||284 %|
|Sodium 914.7mg||32 %|
|Potassium 2380.4mg||63 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 2g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 2g|
|Protein 229.5g||328 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 2654
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!