Barbecued chicken, a backyard summer favorite, marinates here in a heady Indian spice blend and tangy yogurt. A cool, herby raita complements it perfectly.
Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: 1 chicken quarter and about 1/3 cup raita)
Hands-on:1 Hour, 50 Minutes
Total:9 Hours, 50 Minutes
1. To prepare the marinade, combine first 10 ingredients in a blender; process until smooth. Pour into a large zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken; turn to coat. Marinate chicken in refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
2. To prepare the raita, combine 3/4 cup yogurt and remaining ingredients except cooking spray in a small bowl; cover and refrigerate.
3. Remove chicken from refrigerator, and let stand at room temperature for 45 minutes.
4. Prepare the grill for indirect grilling. If using a gas grill, heat one side to medium-high and leave one side with no heat. If using a charcoal grill, arrange hot coals on either side of charcoal grate, leaving an empty space in the middle.
5. Remove the chicken from marinade, and discard the remaining marinade. Place the chicken on unheated part of grill rack coated with cooking spray. Close lid, and grill for 90 minutes or until a thermometer inserted into meaty part of thigh registers 165?, turning chicken every 20 minutes.
Amount per serving
Saturated fat: 2g
Monounsaturated fat: 2.4g
Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (209g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 36 (21%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 4g||5 %|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.1g|
|Cholesterol 70.6mg||22 %|
|Sodium 115.1mg||4 %|
|Potassium 325.9mg||9 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 7.3g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||5 %|
|Sugars, other 6g|
|Protein 26.6g||38 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 172
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!