1. Prepare the pork: if bone in, debone. Trim off most of external fat. Slice into 1 inch wide slabs
2. Brine: Coat each piece generously with brine mix. Place in a large plastic container, then refrigerate for 6 hours.
3. After 6 hours, rinse off the brine. Quite a bit of liquid will be in the container. No need to dry as moist slabs will help spice mix stick.
4. Coat generously with spice mix. Allow to settle in, or clean plastic container, return spice covered slabs into container and refrigerate until ready to smoke.
5. Set smoker to 225 degrees F. Smoke until internal temperature is 150. 2 - 3 hours depending on conditions and your smoker.
6. Use cut up into small 1/4 inch cubes to flavor gumbo, jambalaya, or anything else you want to taste good.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (6g)|
|Recipe Makes: 100 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 3 (60%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.4g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.1g||1 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 1.8mg||1 %|
|Sodium 1319.5mg||46 %|
|Potassium 9.4mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 0g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 0g|
|Protein 0.5g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 5
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!