This is what happens when you have left over chili. You end up making ridiculously tasty hamburgers or hot dogs! Anyway, this was something I just threw together for lunch and it is a little different from the normal Chili Cheese Burger I eat, and now, after eating one of these, it will be my go to burger! You can use any chili recipe, but for the best combination and flavor, I suggest using the Spicy Beanless Spicy Chili I have cross listed.
1. Have your chili warmed in a pot, and in a small saute pan heat olive oil over medium heat, add onion, and dash of cayenne pepper. Saute for 5-6 minutes until onions are a nice brownish-red, remove from heat.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine meat, salt, pepper, onion powder, mix well to combine all ingredients
3. Using 1/3 the meat mixture form a patty, repeat 2 more times
4. Heat outdoor grill or grill pan over medium to medium high heat
5. Just sprinkle the tops of the burgers with some Liquid Smoke, just a LITTLE BIT like 5 drops per burger around the top of each burger.. Cook for 3-4 minutes, then flip
6. Once flipped cook for 3-4 minutes on side 2, then add about 1/3 the cheese atop each burger and let melt (you can also use 2 slices of cheddar cheese instead of shredded)
7. Remove burgers from heat, and toast your buns
8. BURGER CONSTRUCTION!
9. Dress bottom bun with mayo, then line with pickle chips, then 5 pieces of bacon. Add a cheese burger, a squirt of ketchup, then top with about 1/3 the onion, 3 tablespoons of chili, sprinkle some banana peppers, put some ketchup on the top bun, and go to town!
10. Enjoy with a side of chili cheese fries!!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (546g)|
|Recipe Makes: 3 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 679 (57%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 75.4g||101 %|
|Saturated Fat 31g||155 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 28.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 9.1g|
|Cholesterol 254.9mg||78 %|
|Sodium 2663.7mg||92 %|
|Potassium 1280.7mg||34 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 63.3g||19 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5.7g||23 %|
|Sugars, other 57.5g|
|Protein 65.6g||94 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1200
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.