1. Heat oil over medium heat and deep-fry dried flat fish until golden brown and crisp. Drain well and set aside.
2. Prepare stock. Boil a large pot of water and blanch pork bones for 15 minutes. Drain and place in a stockpot with dried prawns, ginger, peppercorns and water. Bring to boil, then lower heat and simmer for 2 hours. Strain stock into a large pot and discard solids.
3. Return stock to boil and add bitter gourd, ginger and deep-fried flat fish. Season with fish sauce.
4. Add prawns, fish fillet and squid, followed by tomato, bean curd and dried seaweed.
5. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve hot.
Note: To clean squid, pull the head from the body. Discard the central spine bone. Cut away the innards along with the eyes. Remove the beak and retain the tentacles. Rinse and pat dry with paper towels. Slice as desired.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (921g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 65 (24%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 7.2g||10 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.9g||10 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.5g|
|Cholesterol 114.7mg||35 %|
|Sodium 735.7mg||25 %|
|Potassium 931.9mg||25 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 28.6g||8 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.8g||7 %|
|Sugars, other 26.8g|
|Protein 22.5g||32 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 271
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!