* 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line bottom and sides of a 13- x 9-inch pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil, allowing 2 inches to extend over sides; lightly grease foil.
* 2. Stir together 1 3/4 cups flour and 1/2 cup sugar. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or fork until crumbly. Press mixture onto bottom of prepared pan.
* 3. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 23 minutes or until lightly browned.
* 4. Meanwhile, whisk eggs in a medium bowl until smooth; whisk in coconut, next 3 ingredients (lime zest, fresh lime, tequila), and remaining 1 1/2 cups sugar. Stir together baking powder, salt, and remaining 1/4 cup flour; whisk into egg mixture. Pour over hot crust.
* 5. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until filling is set. Let cool 1 hour on a wire rack. Lift from pan, using foil sides as handles. Remove foil, and cut into bars. Garnish, if desired with powdered sugar and lime rind curls
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (42g)|
|Recipe Makes: 36 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 43 (32%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 4.7g||6 %|
|Saturated Fat 2.9g||15 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.3g|
|Cholesterol 53.8mg||17 %|
|Sodium 133.6mg||5 %|
|Potassium 38.4mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 20.5g||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 19.9g|
|Protein 2.3g||3 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 133
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.