1. In fine sieve, rinse quinoa under cold water, and drain.
2. In a saucepan, bring the quinoa, broth and 1-1/2 cups water (or 1 package of Knorr Liption Onion stock with reduced sodium, PLUS 4 CUPS of water to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer covered for 15 minutes.
3, Drain in fine sieve; let cool completely in the sieve.
4. Meanwhile, in a skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium heat; fry the onion, garlic, salt and pepper, stirring occasionally, until onion is sweated an softened, about 4 minutes.
5. Add the spinach, cook, stirring,until wilted and no liquid remains (about 3 minutes.
Lemon Yogurt Sauce:
Mix the Lemon Yogurt sauce ingredients together (yogurt, onions, lemon juice, salt and pepper) and tore in refrigerator until ready to serve.
In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, Parmesan cheese, flour, baking powder and lemon rind. Fold in the quinoa and spinach mixture. With wet hands, form into 16 cakes; transfer to a waxed paper-lined tray, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
1. In a non-stick skillet, heat half the the remaining oil over medium-high heat; fry half the fthe cakes, until light brown on each side; turn once with 2 spatulas (as they can easily crumble). Each cake needs to be fried 4-6 minutes, until almost golden brown.
2. turn cakes onto a non-stick baking pan, place 1/2 a slice of bacon on each patty, and broil in the oven until the bacon is cooked, but not crisp.
Serve with the Lemon Yogurt Sauce drizzled over the cakes, and sprinkle with Sesame Seeds.
Note that the cakes can easily crumble, so handle carefully when transferring to pan, oven, and plate.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (96g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 71 (62%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 7.9g||11 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.7g||9 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.1g|
|Cholesterol 94.8mg||29 %|
|Sodium 115.4mg||4 %|
|Potassium 197.7mg||5 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 6.5g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4 %|
|Sugars, other 5.5g|
|Protein 5.1g||7 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 114
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!