(1) Combine Chopped Garlic, Lemon Juice, Taco Seasoning, Tabasco Sauce, Paprika, Olive Oil, 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil (reserve rest for Asian Salad), Teriyaki Marinate. Whisk to make a thick sauce. The Marinate should have a sweet flavour to it and the after taste should give you the taste of the cumin from the Taco seasoning.
PREPARING THE CHICKEN:
(1) Cover the Chicken with the Marinate and leave for 6 hours, if short of time can leave it 30 minutes as well but overnight is better.
(2) Bring Chicken to room temperature and but it on your Oven or Grill, Grill for 30 minutes on one side and then turn over for another 10-15 minutes. The Chicken should be crisp and slightly charred.
(3) I used chicken legs without skin, but you can make this with skin as well
(4) Toast the Sesame Seeds in a Flat Pan, Garnish the Chicken with freshly toasted Sesame seeds.
(1) In a Salad mixing bowl, add the shredded lettuce & Julian Red Bell Pepper.
(2) Prepare Salad Dressing by Mixing together 2 Tbsp of Sesame and 2 Tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar and 1 tsp Red Chilly Flakes & 1/2 tsp Salt.
(3) Whisk the dressing the top it over the salad, Garnish with Freshly toasted sesame seeds.
I forgot to take the picture, but do upload if you make this.
- Check the flavour of the Marinade before applying to chicken, it should give you the flavours of Tex mex and should give you the sweetness of the teriyaki glaze
- For the Salad you can also use assorted blanched vegetables like Snow Peas, Baby Corn, Carrots and fresh Julian red/yellow Bell Peppers
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (273g)|
|Recipe Makes: 2 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 216 (77%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 24g||32 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.4g||17 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 9.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 9.6g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 897.1mg||31 %|
|Potassium 494.3mg||13 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 12.9g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.9g||16 %|
|Sugars, other 9g|
|Protein 4.8g||7 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 279
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.