1. Heat a pan over medium heat and add the dried chilis with no oil. Warm the chilis for a bit and then add some water and bring to a simmer. Turn off heat and let the chilis soak for 30 minutes.
2. After the chilis have soaked, discard the water and seeds, chop and add them to a blender with the fresh chilis. Add a little water and blend to a smooth paste.
3. Add vegetable oil or bacon grease to pot and brown beef in several batches. Season with salt and remove beef from pot.
4. Saute onions and garlic for a few minutes. Add the beef back to the pot.
5. Add all the spices and all the chilis and simmer for a minute or two.
6. Add the coffee and cover.
7. Simmer for 3 or 4 hours checking and stirring the chili. If the chili needs more liquid, add some beer. Adjust seasoning and serve.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (244g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 203 (60%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 22.6g||30 %|
|Saturated Fat 8.9g||45 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 9.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.1g|
|Cholesterol 80.5mg||25 %|
|Sodium 85mg||3 %|
|Potassium 547.8mg||14 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 9.5g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.9g||8 %|
|Sugars, other 7.6g|
|Protein 21.1g||30 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 338
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!