1. Cook bacon in dutch oven over medium heat until crisp, stirring often. Remove the bacon and reserve it.
2. Dry the beef with paper towels, then season with salt and pepper. Cook beef one layer at a time, browning thoroughly on all sides. Push browned beef to the side to add more. When all beef is browned, push to the side and add onion, jalapenos, chili powder, cumin, and tsp. salt. Stir in garlic. Cook for about 10 minutes.
3. Combine the ingredients and add all remaining ingredients except cilantro and lime juice.
4. On lowest possible heat, cover and cook 6-7 hours, checking often to be sure the mixture has not gone dry. Add a small amount of water if necessary.
5. Stir in cilantro and lime juice just before serving.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1284g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 828 (71%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 92.1g||123 %|
|Saturated Fat 35.2g||176 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 39.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 4.8g|
|Cholesterol 293.6mg||90 %|
|Sodium 3934.4mg||136 %|
|Potassium 1501.4mg||40 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 8.8g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||6 %|
|Sugars, other 7.3g|
|Protein 74.7g||107 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1174
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.