* small handful kaffir lime leaves
* 1 tsp palm sugar
* 1 tbsp fish sauce
* small bunch Thai basil leaves (available from Asian grocers)
For the rice
1. Heat the oil in a large pan or wok and add 4 tbsp of the curry paste. Cook over a medium heat, stirring continuously until the mixture begins to smell fragrant. Stir in 2-3 tbsp coconut milk and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in remaining coconut milk.
2. For the chicken, chop the chicken into bite size pieces and add to the pan with the apple and pea aubergines. Simmer for 10 minutes, then stir in the ginger and kaffir leaves. Cook for a further 5 minutes, then season with the palm sugar, fish sauce and the Thai basil leaves.
3. Meanwhile for the rice, measure the rice into a jug then tip into a pan. Add double the volume of water and bring to the boil. Stir in the butter and cover with a tight-fitting lid. Reduce the heat and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until all the water has been absorbed. Set aside, covered, for 10 minutes.
4. Garnish the curry with Thai basil leaves and red chillies and serve with the rice.
This recipe makes more green curry paste than you will need for 1 dish, but it will keep for a week or so in a covered container in the fridge.
i have tried this with Shop bought Curry past, was very hot, if you prefer something milder here is a method for Green Curry Paste
For the green curry paste
* 1 tbsp coriander seeds
* 1 tbsp white peppercorns
* 1 tbsp cumin seeds
* 50g/1¾oz green bird's eye chillies, chopped
* 50g/1¾oz long green chillies, chopped
* 2 red chillies, chopped
* 1 whole garlic bulb, peeled
* 3 stalks lemongrass
* 3 turmeric roots, peeled (available from Asian grocers)
* 1 small bunch fresh coriander roots
* 3 galangal roots, peeled (available from Asian grocers)
* 8 red shallots, peeled, chopped
* 1 kaffir lime, zest only
* 30g/1¼oz dried shrimp paste
* 1-2 tbsp vegetable oil
For the green curry paste, pound the coriander, peppercorns and cumin seeds in a large pestle and mortar to a fine powder. Transfer to a food processor or blender and add the remaining green curry paste ingredients except the oil and coconut milk. Blend the mixture until it forms a smooth paste.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (320g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 461 (63%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 51.2g||68 %|
|Saturated Fat 38.9g||194 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 6.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.8g|
|Cholesterol 51.8mg||16 %|
|Sodium 199mg||7 %|
|Potassium 615.4mg||16 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 51.7g||15 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||3 %|
|Sugars, other 51g|
|Protein 20.7g||30 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 733
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!