Thanksgiving is all about celebrating with friends, family, and being thankful for the blessings we share. But there are ALWAYS so many leftovers! Not to worry! Our leftovers casserole will fill your belly full of even MORE flavorful reasons to be thankful this season.
Source: Big Oven Original
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Spray a 3-quart casserole dish with cooking spray or grease well with butter.
3. Spread the stuffing on the bottom of the casserole dish. Scatter the sweet potatoes and turkey over the stuffing. Set aside.
4. Heat olive oil in a skillet set over medium heat. Add onion and cook until softened and beginning to caramelize, about 10 minutes. Stir in spinach and continue cooking until just wilted, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and layer the onion and spinach on top of the sweet potatoes and turkey.
5. Sprinkle cheese over the vegetables.
6. In a mixing bowl, beat eggs with milk, salt, black pepper, and parsley. Pour the eggs over the stuffing mixture.
7. Bake the casserole for 40 to 50 minutes or until the center of the eggs are just set and the top of the casserole is puffed and lightly golden. Let cool for 5 to 10 minutes, then slice and serve.
If you don’t want to use leftover turkey in this dish, substitute it with cooked and crumbled bacon or browned breakfast sausage.Savory, bread-based stuffing works best in this recipe.
If your stuffing contains grains, like rice, or fruit, such as apples or raisins, substitute 4 cups of cubed bread or leftover dinner rolls for the stuffing.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (145g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 155 (65%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 17.2g||23 %|
|Saturated Fat 7.5g||38 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.6g|
|Cholesterol 444.8mg||137 %|
|Sodium 273.8mg||9 %|
|Potassium 215.3mg||6 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 2.8g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 2.4g|
|Protein 18.1g||26 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 238
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!