What better way to start Thanksgiving Day than with easy, oven-fresh muffins? These moist, deep-gold pumpkin muffins can be ready in under an hour, with a minimum of effort. Generously studded with cranberries and cinnamon bits, they're a wonderful salute to Thanksgiving's favorite flavors.
1) Grease 12 wells of a standard muffin pan; or line with papers, and grease the papers.
2) In a large bowl whisk together the pumpkin, eggs, brown sugar, oil, molasses, salt, spices, milk, and cinnamon Flav-R-Bites or chips. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl.
3) Whisk the flour, baking powder, and baking soda together. Stir in the dried cranberries. Add all at once to the wet ingredients and mix until all ingredients are well combined.
4) Cover the bowl, and let the batter rest for 30 minutes, while you preheat your oven to 400F.
5) Deposit the batter by the generous 1/4-cupful (a slightly heaped muffin scoop works well here) into the prepared pan. If you have a scale, each muffin will be about 90g, about 3 1/8 ounces. Sprinkle the top of each muffin with about 1/2 teaspoon coarse sparkling sugar or Swedish pearl sugar, if desired.
6) Bake the muffins for 20 to 21 minutes, till a toothpick or cake tester inserted into the middle of a center muffin comes out clean.
7) Remove the muffins from the oven, and tilt them in their individual wells to cool; this prevents their bottoms from steaming and becoming tough. Serve warm, or at room temperature.
This recipe makes a generous amount of batter. If your standard muffin pan is on the small size, you may find you'll have batter left over to make a couple of extra muffins. If you do have a smallish muffin pan and want to avoid an extra bake, simply cut back the cinnamon chips and cranberries to 2/3 cup each.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 ea (173g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12|
|Calories from Fat: 174 (43%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 19.4g||26 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.5g||18 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 9.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 4.3g|
|Cholesterol 353.3mg||109 %|
|Sodium 229.7mg||8 %|
|Potassium 221.9mg||6 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 45.4g||13 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12 %|
|Sugars, other 42.4g|
|Protein 14.1g||20 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 408
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.