1. Boil water in medium-size pot, add pasta, cook 2/3 of recommended time, drain, set aside. Pre-heat oven to 350F.
2. Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Add onion, cook till translucent. Add chili powder, lemon juice & cider vinegar, stir.
3. Then to skillet add the mushroom soup, milk, pimiento, capers and stir all till bubbling over medium heat. Remove from heat, set aside.
4. In large mixing bowl, combine tuna, pasta and cheese. Two forks work well for stirring this all together.
5. Coat an 8x8" (2 qt.) baking dish with cooking spray. To the baking dish, add about 1/2 of the tuna/pasta/cheese, then top that with 1/2 the skillet mixture, then other 1/2 tuna followed by other 1/2 skillet mix.
6. Heat butter till melted, add breadcrumbs immediately, stir. Distribute buttery breadcrumbs over top of mixture in baking dish. You do not need to perfectly cover entire top surface of the casserole.
7. Baking dish goes in oven at 350F for 25 minutes.
8. Optional step to help casserole hold together when slicing, also enhances the flavor: cover with foil and let casserole firm up in fridge for about an hour. At dinner time, re-heat at 300F for 15-20 minutes.
9. Serve to applause and fireworks.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (270g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 1378 (94%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 153.1g||204 %|
|Saturated Fat 89.7g||448 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 45.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 7.2g|
|Cholesterol 366.8mg||113 %|
|Sodium 1198.9mg||41 %|
|Potassium 181.2mg||5 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 23.4g||7 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.6g||6 %|
|Sugars, other 21.8g|
|Protein 6.4g||9 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1468
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.